ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows
Part two of Esri Indonesia’s introductory GIS training course for beginners using ArcGIS for Desktop.
Duration – 3 days
City / Dates
- 28-30 November 2018
- 5-7 December 2018
- 19-21 December 2018
- 7-9 January 2019
- 23-25 January 2019
- 6-8 February 2019
- 13-15 March 2019
- 27-29 March 2019
What is the course about?
In this course, you will acquire the fundamental skills needed to author, share and use geographic information and maps across the ArcGIS platform.
You will learn how to efficiently find, explore, manage, and analyse geographic data and create informative maps that showcase your work. The course covers a variety of techniques to effectively share GIS maps and resources with decision makers, stakeholders, and the public.
Am I ready for this course?
GIS professionals and others who have an introductory-level knowledge of GIS concepts and limited ArcGIS experience.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use ArcGIS software and content to create high-quality maps that combine data from different sources
- Organise, create, and edit geographic data so it is accurate and up to date
- Manage, symbolise, and label map layers to support visualisation and data exploration
- Design an attractive page layout for maps that will be printed
- Apply a standard workflow to analyse GIS data and solve spatial problems
- Share maps and analysis results so they are accessible on multiple platforms
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS 1: Introduction to GIS or equivalent knowledge is required