Building 3D Cities Using Esri CitiEngine
Esri Indonesia's intermediate GIS training course for individuals who want to create 3D city models and urban landscapes.
Duration – 3 days
City / Dates
- 19-21 December 2018
What is the course about?
Esri CitiEngine software uses a rule-based approach to help you efficiently produce higjly realistic 3D models. This course introduces the CitiEngine procedural modeling workflow and best practices to create compelling 3D cities that can be used to visualize urban landscapes, explore impacts of proposed development, generate virtual city simulations, and support geodesign projects.
Am I ready for this course?
This course is designed for GIS professionals, urban planners, landscape architects, architects, entertainment professionals, and others who want to create 3D city models and urban landscapes.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create an Esri CitiEngine project to organize and manage data and assets.
- Import 2D GIS data and apply Computer Generated Architecture rules to create detailed 3D shapes.
- Import, modify, and create rules to generate realistic content that brings a 3D city to life.
- Sketch and texture 3D building models.
- Share 3D city scenes to ArcGIS Online.
Are there any prerequisites?
Some familiarity with Esri CityEngine software will be helpful. The Creating Smart 3D City Models with Esri CityEngine training seminar is recommended for those who are new to CityEngine.