Deploying and Maintaining a Multiuser Geodatabase
This course prepares you to successfully create a multiuser geodatabase to store and manage your organisation's geographic data.
Duration – 2 days
City / Dates
- 2-3 April 2018
What is the course about?
This course prepares you to successfully create a multi-user geodatabase to store and manage your organisation's geographic data. You will learn about the multi-user geodatabase architecture, configuration options, and techniques to efficiently load data, assign user privileges, and maintain performance over time. Course concepts apply to both enterprise and workgroup geodatabases. During course exercises, you may work with the RDBMS product that is relevant for your organisation (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or PostgreSQL).
Am I ready for this course?
Spatial database administrators and GIS data managers who need to create, configure, and manage a multiuser ArcSDE geodatabase.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Configure the multi-user geodatabase for your relational database management system
- Create a multi-user geodatabase and configure connections to it
- Efficiently load data into a multi-user geodatabase
- Configure storage settings to support your organisation’s data management workflows
- Set up user roles and privileges to provide secure data access
- Apply best practices to maintain high geodatabase performance
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS II: Essential Workflows or equivalent knowledge is required
- Experience managing a relational database management system is required