What is this course about?
In this course, you will acquire the fundamental skills needed to author, share and use geographic information and maps across the ArcGIS platform.
You will learn how to efficiently find, explore, manage, and analyse geographic data and create informative maps that showcase your work. The course covers a variety of techniques to effectively share GIS maps and resources with decision makers, stakeholders, and the public.
The course suits GIS professionals and others who have an introductory-level knowledge of GIS concepts and limited ArcGIS experience.
Safety measures for training courses
While courses in our training facility have resumed, we want to assure you that the wellbeing of our trainees and staff remains Esri Indonesia’s highest priority.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, strict safety measures and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health are being adhered to for all training conducted.
All computer equipment and desks are disinfected before class commences and during the lunch break, while seats are placed and marked at least 1-metre apart, in accordance with official Safe Distance Measures. Acrylic partitions have also been installed between each desk.
Masks are mandatory throughout training, and alcohol hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial wet wipes will be available.
Your temperature will be taken before commencement. For your safety, you will be asked to return home and see a doc if your temperature exceeds 37.5deg.
Are there any prerequisites?
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use ArcGIS software and content to create high-quality maps that combine data from different sources
- Organise, create, and edit geographic data so it is accurate and up to date
- Manage, symbolise, and label map layers to support visualisation and data exploration
- Design an attractive page layout for maps that will be printed
- Apply a standard workflow to analyse GIS data and solve spatial problems
- Share maps and analysis results so they are accessible on multiple platforms