Distributing Data using Geodatabase Replication
This course teaches you how to plan for and implement geodatabase replication to support multi-user editing workflows and data sharing initiatives.
Duration – 2 days
City / Dates
What is the course about?
Geodatabase replication is a powerful way to extend access to GIS data stored in a multi-user ArcSDE geodatabase across organisations and into the field. This course teaches you how to plan for and implement geodatabase replication to support multi-user editing workflows and data sharing initiatives. You will learn best practices for protecting the integrity of your production database while meeting the needs of desktop, mobile, and online users.
Am I ready for this course?
This course is designed for database administrators, GIS data managers, and others who need to incorporate geodatabase replication into their organisation's business and versioned editing workflows.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Determine the number and type of replicas needed to support your organisation's GIS workflows and applications
- Plan an efficient synchronisation strategy for replicated data
- Manage schema changes between replicas
- Perform routine replica management tasks to maintain database performance
- Create a replica and synchronise edits using a geodata service in a web application
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows and Implementing Versioned Workflows in a Multi-user Geodatabase are required