ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
Extend your foundational GIS knowledge, get comfortable with the ArcGIS Pro application, and explore some of the most common GIS workflows. This course introduces techniques and general best practices to map, manage, analyze, and share data and other GIS resources. Hands-on exercises will give you the experience needed to efficiently work with ArcGIS Pro.
Esri will provide the following software to use during class:
- ArcGIS Pro 2.8 (Basic, Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS Online
Are there any prerequisites?
What skills will I learn?
- Organize, create, and edit geographic data.
- Manage, symbolize, and label map layers.
- Analyze and model GIS data to solve spatial problems.
- Share maps and analysis results.
What can I expect?
- Course Outline
Getting started with ArcGIS Pro
- ArcGIS Pro features
- Licensing ArcGIS Pro
- ArcGIS Pro interface
- Use map navigation and data exploration tools
Working with GIS data
- Data storage models
- Spatial data properties
- Connect to data sources in ArcGIS Pro
- Getting data into a geodatabase
- Populate a geodatabase with data
- Differentiate between coordinate system types
- Geographic transformations
- Importance of projected data
- Projecting data
- Change coordinate systems
- Types of layer symbology
- Differentiating between layer symbology
- Classification methods
- Selecting a symbology option
- Symbolize layers using different methods
Controlling feature display
- Types of selection queries
- Use queries to select features
- Definition queries
- Displaying features at different scales
- Control the visibility of features
Adding text to a map
- Defining characteristics of map labels
- Add and modify labels
- Using label classes
- Create label classes
- Geodatabase annotation
- Create and modify geodatabase annotation
Visualizing data in 3D
- 3D mapping capabilities
- Local and global scenes
- Exploring elevation sources
- Create a local scene
- Displaying features in 3D
- Extrude features
Create features from tabular data
- Indirectly storing spatial data
- Evaluate tabular data
- Displaying x,y coordinates in a map
- Create point features from x,y coordinates
Associating tabular data
- Table relationships
- Prepare tabular data
- Table cardinality
- Joins and relates
- Create table associations
Editing features and attributes
- Editing features
- ArcGIS Pro editing environment
- Create features by digitizing
- Feature modification tools
- Modify existing features
- Spatial analysis workflow
- Types of analysis
- Geoprocessing tools
- Exploring the analysis environment
- Answer questions using analysis tools
Analysis using ModelBuilder
- Automating your analysis
- Why use ModelBuilder?
- Exploring model elements
- Automate an analysis workflow with ModelBuilder
- What is a map layout?
- Map objectives
- Explore a map layout
- Create a map layout
Sharing with ArcGIS Pro
- Sharing methods
- Sharing roles and permissions
- Share analysis results