GIS training and spatial education is an integral part of successful GIS implementation, enabling you to maximise the return on your software investment. Below are some frequently asked questions regarding GIS training at Esri Indonesia.
If you have a question that is not covered here, please contact our training team today on (021) 2940 6355.
- Where do I start?
- I have completed ArcGIS 1: Getting Started – which course should I take next?
- I have completed a training course – what is my next step?
- Where will the scheduled training courses be held?
- What are the different types of training courses you run?
- I have been using another GIS vendor’s software for a while, what course would you suggest I take to get me started with the ArcGIS platform?
- Do I need to bring anything to my training courses?
- Which software version is the course based on?
- I want to publish a map to the web, which course should I take?
- We are planning to convert our data to Geodatabases, which courses should I take?
For more information on what courses might be suitable for you, view our training path.
The next step in your GIS training pathway is the ArcGIS 2 Essential Workflows course.
To determine what course you should take next, view the Esri Indonesia training path. The training path contains the sequence of all our scheduled courses, to help ensure you’re taking the right course that’s best suited to your existing skill set and future goals.
If you're still not sure what course you should take next, please feel free to give our training team a call on (021) 2940 6355.
The scheduled courses are run at Esri Indonesia’s training facility, located in its offices at Menara 165, 6th floor unit B, JI TB Simatupang Kav 1 Jakarta 12560.
One of the most challenging elements when transitioning to a new software product is gaining a solid understanding of the terminology. ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows provides a good introduction to the terminology used in ArcGIS.
Alternatively, contact us about our specialised courses to help transition you from another GIS platform.
All material is provided at the training course – including computers and relevant software and manuals.
For scheduled training, the most current software release will be used for the course. Customised courses and onsite training can be conducted using any software version.
Start with Building Geodatabases to get a basic understanding of the geodatabase format and its functionality.