Sharing GIS Content Using ArcGIS
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
This course is designed for GIS Professionals, Map Designers, Administrators, Application Developers, GIS Managers, and other experienced ArcGIS users who want to share geographic content in web maps and web mapping applications. It’s also suitable for developers who want to incorporate GIS services and web maps into custom applications.
Learn how to efficiently share a variety of geospatial resources to an ArcGIS Online organizational site or ArcGIS Enterprise portal website. This course teaches how to publish high-performing services that extend ArcGIS mapping and analytics capabilities across your organisation.
Server and Web Course
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows, Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro or equivalent knowledge.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Share content between ArcGIS portals
- Devise a sharing strategy that supports your organisation's workflows and business goals
- Share map layers, web maps, data, imagery, custom analysis tools, and ArcGIS Pro project packages
- Create map and vector tile caches to enable fast display performance
What can I expect?
- Course topics
Sharing and Web GIS
- Comparing ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online
- Content sharing
- Share web layers using an ArcGIS Enterprise portal
Sharing with ArcGIS Pro
- Sharing GIS content
- Copied and referenced data
- Sharing web layers with ArcGIS Pro
Sharing user-managed content
- Types of layers for user-managed content
- Share user-managed content
- Sharing map image layers or feature layers
Analysis in the ArcGIS Enterprise portal
- Choosing feature collection or hosted feature layer
- Conduct analysis in the portal
- Portal analytical functionality
Sharing custom analysis
- Custom web tools and geoprocessing packages
- Use a custom geoprocessing tool in a configurable web app
- Sharing packages outside an organisation
- Using project packages
- Elements of imagery
- Raster function templates
- Share a raster function-enabled imagery layer
- Use raster functions in ArcGIS Enterprise
Optimising map display through caching
- The advantage of caching
- Share a vector tile layer
- Publish a tile package as a tile layer
Using web apps and presentations
- Extending your web map
- Creating presentations
- Create a configurable app
- Sharing GIS content using ArcGIS portals