The Esri Young Scholar Award is open to university students currently studying geospatial sciences and is a chance to showcase GIS research to the Esri User Conference in San Diego.
About the Young Scholars Award
The Esri Young Scholars Award gives Indonesian university students the chance to book their place at the world’s biggest spatial technology conference – the Esri User Conference (Esri UC) in San Diego.
The nationwide competition celebrates excellence in geospatial study and is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying geospatial science disciplines at Indonesian universities.
The winning student will have the opportunity to:
- Attend the world’s biggest spatial event with an all-access pass.
- Meet with Esri founder and president Jack Dangermond.
- Showcase their talents on the international stage to more than 16,000 spatial professionals.
- Network with other Young Scholars Award-winners from around the globe.
- Hear from many of the world’s leading geo-enabled enterprises.
Dirga Imam Gozali Sumantri won the 2017 Esri Young Scholars Award for his project; a citizen-engagement tool that enables community members to report issues to their local city government.
As the local winner of the 2016 Esri Young Scholars Award, Bandung Institute of Technology student Tombayu Amadeo Hidayat was given an opportunity to present his work at the Esri User Conference in San Diego, California.