What is this course about?
Esri Indonesia's intermediate GIS training course for individuals who want to create 3D city models and urban landscapes.
Esri CityEngine software uses a rule-based approach to help you efficiently produce highly realistic 3D models. This course introduces the CityEngine procedural modelling workflow and best practices to create compelling 3D cities that can be used to visualise urban landscapes, explore impacts of proposed development, generate virtual city simulations, and support geodesign projects.
This course is designed for GIS professionals, urban planners, landscape architects, architects, entertainment professionals, and others who want to create 3D city models and urban landscapes.
Visualisation, Editing and Analysis Course
Are there any prerequisites?
Some familiarity with Esri CityEngine software will be helpful. The Creating Smart 3D City Models with Esri CityEngine training seminar is recommended for those who are new to CityEngine.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create an Esri CityEngine project to organise and manage data and assets
- Import 2D GIS data and apply Computer Generated Architecture rules to create detailed 3D shapes
- Import, modify, and create rules to generate realistic content that brings a 3D city to life
- Sketch and texture 3D building models
- Share 3D city scenes to ArcGIS Online