Putting ArcGIS to Use Across Your Organisation
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
Get a comprehensive introduction to ArcGIS platform components and capabilities.
This course explores ArcGIS apps used for mapping and visualisation, data collection and management, spatial analytics, and collaboration and sharing. Discover how the ArcGIS platform helps organisations address common business challenges and apply location-based insights to streamline operations and improve decision-making.
This course is designed for Managers and GIS Professionals who need to use ArcGIS apps. ArcGIS apps get the job done through their sheer focus, geographic awareness, and readiness to work, powered by the industry-leading ArcGIS mapping platform.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel tables and other Windows-based software for file management and web browsing
- Some familiarity with GIS concepts may be helpful
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Map and analyse business data using ArcGIS apps and tools
- Create and share data, web maps, and web apps using an ArcGIS portal
- Streamline field data collection workflows
- Configure web apps and dashboards to monitor field operations in real time
What can I expect?
- Course topics
ArcGIS platform overview
- User roles
- ArcGIS apps
- Using tabular data in ArcGIS
- Feature layers
- Share data to a portal
- Item details
- Sharing options within a portal
- Organise items using groups
Creating web maps
- Defining a web map’s purpose
- Standard process to create a web map
- Share and use web maps
Creating web apps
- What is a web app?
- App development approaches
- Use a configurable app
- Create a Story Map
- Overview of ArcGIS analysis tools
- Choosing an analysis tool
- Analyse data and share results
Using business systems
- ArcGIS Maps for Office
- Create maps in ArcGIS Maps for Office
- Analyse data in ArcGIS Maps for Office
Capturing field data
- Using ArcGIS apps in the field
- Preparing field data
- Collect field data
Monitoring field data
- Using an operation view
- Create an operation view