Working with Parcel Data in ArcGIS Pro
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
Modernise land records data management.
This course teaches how to maintain accurate, up-to-date, and authoritative parcel data using the parcel fabric in ArcGIS Pro. You will learn a standard workflow to create a parcel fabric in a file geodatabase, add parcel data to the fabric, and edit parcels to reflect real-world changes. This course assumes familiarity with land-records terminology.
Visualisation, Editing and Analysis Course
Esri Indonesia will provide the following software to use during class:
- ArcGIS Pro 2.6 (Advanced)
- ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 (Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS Parcel Fabric
Are there any prerequisites?
What skills will I learn?
- Configure the parcel fabric environment.
- Edit parcel geometry, measurements, attributes, and labels in a branch versioning environment.
- Track parcel history and lineage to represent land record changes over time.
- Publish a parcel fabric as a feature service to ArcGIS Enterprise so that up-to-date parcel data is available to everyone in your organisation who needs it.
What can I expect?
- Course topics
Exploring parcel fabrics
- Structure of a parcel fabric
- Adding a parcel fabric to a map
- Creating a parcel fabric in a file geodatabase
Preparing a parcel fabric environment
- Conceptual model of parcel types
- Parcel fabric upgrade issues
- Adding a parcel type to a parcel fabric
Maintaining quality with topology
- Parcel topology rules and errors
- Correcting parcel topology errors in ArcGIS Pro
Data loading in a parcel fabric
- Methods to load data into a parcel fabric
- Considerations when upgrading a parcel fabric
- Loading parcels into a parcel fabric
- Parcel state changes throughout parcel creation in ArcGIS Pro
- Role of records in a parcel fabric
- Exploring historic parcels in a parcel fabric
Record-driven parcel editing
- Using ground to grid to improve quality of parcel edits
- Creating a traverse with COGO descriptions
Improving quality through parcel editing
- Editing parcels without a record
- Aligning new parcels with existing parcels
Making adjustments to parcels in a parcel fabric
- Improving spatial accuracy in a parcel fabric
- Least-squares adjustment
Labeling and annotating parcels
- Choosing dynamic labeling or annotation
- Adding missing label information
- Creating custom labels with Arcade
Publishing parcel fabrics using ArcGIS Enterprise
- Preparing a parcel fabric for publishing
- Publishing a parcel fabric to ArcGIS Enterprise
Editing parcel fabrics in ArcGIS Enterprise
- Preparing a parcel fabric for editing
- Metes and bounds editing process
- Maintaining a parcel fabric