Configuring Branch Versioning in ArcGIS
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
Support enterprise multiuser editing workflows.
This course prepares GIS professionals and database administrators to implement branch versioning in an enterprise geodatabase using ArcGIS Pro. Learn best practices to establish branch versioning workflows that support multiuser editing and the accuracy of your authoritative geospatial data. This course is especially relevant for organizations that have deployed ArcGIS Utility Network or ArcGIS Pro Parcel Fabric.
Esri Indonesia will provide the following software to use during class:
- ArcGIS Pro 2.7 (Standard or Advanced)
- ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 (Standard or Advanced)
- PostgreSQL 12.3
Are there any prerequisites?
Completion of ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows or Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise: Configuring a Base Deployment or equivalent knowledge.
What skills will I learn?
- Create and edit a branch version of a feature class stored in an enterprise geodatabase.
- Configure user roles, group permissions, and privileges for branched-version editing.
- Share branch-versioned data as a service to support online and offline multiuser editing workflows.
- Implement conflict detection, track feature edits, synchronize offline edits to branch-versioned data, and compare version changes over time.
What can I expect?
- Course topics
Introduction to branch versioning
- What is branch versioning and how is it implemented?
- Preparing data to support branch versioning
Sharing data to support branch versioning
- Sharing (publishing workflow) for branch versioning
- Working with user-managed data in ArcGIS Pro
- Isolating edits in a branch version
- ArcGIS Enterprise permission basics
- Controlling access to branch versioning data with groups
- Protecting the DEFAULT version
- Implementing conflict detection
- Reconciling and posting to DEFAULT
- Resolving editing conflicts
Offline multiuser editor workflows
- Preparing for offline editing
- Sync capability for branch versioning feature layers
- Synchronizing offline edits