Imagery Analysis in ArcGIS Pro
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
Learn best practices and workflows to enhance visualization and extract meaningful information from satellite imagery, LiDAR, and other remotely sensed data. This course covers dynamic raster processing options available in ArcGIS and takes you on an in-depth exploration of image classification. You will use three classification methods to categorize land cover features and learn how to determine which method is appropriate for a given project and dataset.
Visualisation, Editing and Analysis Course
Are there any prerequisites?
Completion of ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows or Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro or equivalent knowledge.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply dynamic raster processing functions to enhance raster display, prepare data for analysis, and quickly create multiple products from a single data source.
- Create a time-series mosaic dataset to visually identify and document areas of change.
- Support change detection, risk assessment, and other types of analysis by performing unsupervised, supervised, and object-oriented classification.
- Assess the accuracy of classification results.
What can I expect?
- Course topics
- What is remote sensing?
- Rasters in ArcGIS Pro
- Sensor resolutions
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- Band combinations: Applied
- Explore band combinations
- What are raster functions?
- Benefits of raster functions
- Consider raster function parameters
- Types of raster functions
- Explore raster functions
Raster function templates
- What are raster function templates?
- Raster function template components
- Evaluate a raster function template
- Create a raster function template
- Benefits of using raster function templates
- Raster functions used in raster products
Change detection with raster functions
- Change detection types
- Choosing types of change detection
- Magnitude change detection workflow
- Preprocessing methods for change detection
- Measure change detection with raster functions
Image classification techniques
- Defining image classification
- Describing image classification outputs
- Image classification types
- Image classification methods
- Choosing image classification techniques
- Unsupervised image classification workflow
- Supervised classification workflow
- Classifying a raster with the Image Classification Wizard
- What is segmentation?
- Segmentation parameters
- Segmentation parameter exploration
- Create a segmented raster
Training the classifier
- Training sample considerations
- Create training samples
- Types of image classification algorithms
- Create a classified thematic raster
- Pixel Editor functionality
- Pixel Editor operations
- Post-processing classification results
- Accuracy assessment workflow
- Accuracy assessment statistics
- Create an accuracy assessment of classified results