Managing Geospatial Data in ArcGIS
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
This course takes you on an in-depth exploration of the geodatabase, the native data storage format for ArcGIS software. Best practices to create a geodatabase to centrally store and efficiently manage your organisation's authoritative geospatial data are covered. You will develop skills needed to configure unique geodatabase features that ensure data integrity and accuracy over time and a thorough understanding of file and enterprise geodatabase capabilities.
This course is designed for GIS Professionals and Geodatabase Administrators who need to manage geospatial data for use in ArcGIS.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Completion of ArcGIS Pro: Essential Workflows or Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro or equivalent knowledge.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create a geodatabase, explore schema options, and evaluate appropriate data models.
- Add data to a geodatabase, edit feature geometry and attributes, and create a mosaic dataset to store and disseminate imagery.
- Define data rules and relationships to simplify data editing and ensure data integrity.
- Configure access to an enterprise geodatabase and create a versioned feature class to allow multiple concurrent editors.
What can I expect?
- Course topics
Why use a geodatabase?
- Types of data
- Advantages of using a geodatabase
- Exploring a geodatabase
Improving data integrity with geodatabase structure
- Using a geodatabase to improve data integrity
- Subtypes and domains in your organisation
- Working with data models
Associate non-geographic data with geographic data
- Basics of cardinality
- Relationship class workflow
- Using Collector app with your geodatabase
Managing raster data
- Raster data management issues
- Creating a mosaic dataset
Designing geodatabase topologies
- How topology works
- Using topology to correct geometry
- Apply a topology
Migrating to an enterprise geodatabase
- Benefits of an enterprise geodatabase
- Enterprise geodatabase connections
- Methods to add data to an enterprise geodatabase
Working with enterprise geodatabases
- Types of users within an enterprise geodatabase
- Controlling user capabilities and roles
- Manage privileges in an enterprise geodatabase
- Update an enterprise geodatabase
Editing workflows in a geodatabase
- Versioned editing
- Benefits of sharing with ArcGIS Enterprise
- Workflow for using a feature service for editing