What is this course about?
Esri Indonesia's introductory GIS training course is for beginners who are using ArcGIS for Desktop or those who do not have prior GIS education or workplace experience.
This course teaches you what GIS technology is and what you can do with it. Working with various components of the ArcGIS platform, you will create GIS maps, explore and analyse the data behind the maps, and learn easy methods to share your maps and analysis results.
By the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of how GIS, maps and ArcGIS tools are used to visualise real-world features, discover patterns, obtain information and communicate information to others.
Safety measures for training courses
While courses in our training facility have resumed, we want to assure you that the wellbeing of our trainees and staff remains Esri Indonesia’s highest priority.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, strict safety measures and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health are being adhered to for all training conducted.
All computer equipment and desks are disinfected before class commences and during the lunch break, while seats are placed and marked at least 1-metre apart, in accordance with official Safe Distance Measures. Acrylic partitions have also been installed between each desk.
Masks are mandatory throughout training, and alcohol hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial wet wipes will be available.
Your temperature will be taken before commencement. For your safety, you will be asked to return home and see a doc if your temperature exceeds 37.5deg.
Are there any prerequisites?
- Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing is required.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Quickly create and share a GIS map using ArcGIS
- Find and organise geographic data and other GIS resources for a simple mapping project
- Accurately display features on a GIS map and access information about them
- Analyse a GIS map to identify where features that meet specific criteria are located
- Share GIS maps and analyse results so they can be viewed on desktop applications, websites, and mobile devices