Editing data with ArcGIS for Desktop
Strictly by pre-registration only
What is this course about?
This course teaches methods for accurately creating and maintaining data stored in a geodatabase. Having access to accurate data is essential for producing GIS maps and analysis results that support informed decision-making. This course teaches methods for accurately creating and maintaining data stored in a geodatabase. You will learn a recommended workflow for data automation and practice with tools and techniques that help ensure data integrity during editing.
This course is designed for GIS technicians, specialists, and other experienced ArcGIS users who need to create and maintain their organisation's geographic data.
Visualisation, Editing and Analysis Course
Safety measures for training courses
While courses in our training facility have resumed, we want to assure you that the wellbeing of our trainees and staff remains Esri Indonesia’s highest priority.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, strict safety measures and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health are being adhered to for all training conducted.
All computer equipment and desks are disinfected before class commences and during the lunch break, while seats are placed and marked at least 1-metre apart, in accordance with official Safe Distance Measures. Acrylic partitions have also been installed between each desk.
Masks are mandatory throughout training, and alcohol hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial wet wipes will be available.
Your temperature will be taken before commencement. For your safety, you will be asked to return home and see a doc if your temperature exceeds 37.5deg.
Are there any prerequisites?
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply a standard editing workflow to manage updates to your GIS database
- Efficiently create and edit feature geometry and attributes
- Solve common data alignment issues
- Maintain spatial relationships among features using topology
What can I expect?
- Course topics
- ArcMap editing environment
- Feature templates
- Creating a new feature
- Editing feature attributes
Preparing to edit
- Setting the data's coordinate system
- Setting editing environment properties
- Georeferencing a background image
- Editor tracking
- Creating feature templates
- Authoring a map for editing
- Share the map as a package
Editing feature geometry
- Digitising features
- Constructing features relative to other features
- Modifying existing features
- Using map topology
Editing feature attributes
- Managing the attributes window
- Working with attribute tables
- Field Calculator expressions
- Transferring attributes
- Updating attributes for one feature
- Updating attributes for multiple features at once
Data integration and quality control
- Adding vector data to a geodatabase
- Map topology versus geodatabase topology
- Editing features using geodatabase topology
Data integration and alignment techniques
- Solving data alignment problems
- Advanced editing tools
Sharing and editing
- Sharing options for editing resources
- Creating map and layer packages
Project: Implementing the editing workflow
- Review project data and tasks
- Prepare a map for editing
- Incorporate data stored in other formats into a geodatabase
- Create and edit features
- Solve data alignment issues